13th November 2021
2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
Wagashi Making Workshop: The art of Nerikiri with Sakura Junction (Afternoon Session)
Product Out of Stock
About This Event
Japanese Sweet Making Experience Workshop at Havan.
‘Wagashi’ is a general term for Japanese Sweets. There are many types of wagashi, including mochi and wasanbon. The fresh type called ‘Nerikiri’ is often served at Chado, Tea Ceremony.
These sweets have a soft and flexible texture that can be made into decorative, seasonal, edible pieces of art.
At this workshop, you will learn to create three different seasonal designs.
- The Ginko Leaf
- Momiji Mape Leaf
The class will be taught by Mutsumi who has been making Japanese sweets for many years. She is the artist behind the wonderful mochi that many of our customers will have enjoyed in the tea bar at Havan each weekend.
- Please bring a towel to clean your hands between sweets.
- For covid safety, the workshop is limited to a very small group and the class with be held upstairs in the shop with doors open.
- For the safety of the rest of the group and teacher, we ask that all participants have had a double Covid vaccination and proof of a negative test within 24 hours.
- Attendees will be expected to wear a mask throughout the workshop!
- Please do not attend the class if you have any cold & flu/covid symptoms.
- The sweets being made are Vegan and Gluten-free.
- This class is not suitable for children under 12 years of age. We ask that younger attendees be accompanied by an adult.
Our current aim is to ship items within 48 hours of receiving your order. Please note there are still delays with postal services due to the continuing pandemic.
Free Delivery Over £45 - Free postage is 2nd Class Signed For Royal Mail. Orders over £100 will be sent 1st Class or by courier depending on parcel size. If you require faster postage please add at the checkout.
Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For: £4
Royal Mail 2nd Class: £2.50
Parcel Force express 48: £8